Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I finally had time to finish my book, The Chronicles of Narnia, this weekend. Prairie gave me the complete set under one cover for Christmas. I'd read it before when I was a young 'en, but I don't remember it being so...well...how to put it nicely...let's just say that I think that any Arab people who read the book would be highly offended. Lewis definitely does not paint the turban-wearing population in a very positive light. I wonder what the political situation was at that time, just because. I dunno. Well, I'm glad I got to read it again. I'm still not all that into The Last Battle. My imagination doesn't much like to stretch like that. My favorite in the series is still The Voyage of the Dawn Treador, followed by Prince Caspian. Then it's probably The Magician's Nephew, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and The Horse and His Boy. There's still The Silver Chair, but I've never been sure how I feel about that one. It's so dark and stuff.

Also while in Longview, I grabbed a random book from the library - Oliver's Story, by Erich Segal. Apparently Love Story comes first, but I'm glad I didn't catch this one. In Oliver's Story, Oliver's wife has just died, and he is a bit bitter. And his friends all wanna hook him up, but eventually he meets this girl on his own. In the end, though, he walks away from her because she's too much about business and making money. That's right, boy, get out while the gettin's still good. Yeah, I liked the book. Not my normal reading, but, hey, variety, spice, life, and all that rot. I wouldn't recommend this book simply because some of the language wasn't appreciated by me. A movie was made on it, too. Anyhow, that's what you get for my book reviews.

No comments: