Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Wiesman sistersFuneral today. My great-aunt Girlie, my mom's mom's sister, died on Saturday at the age of 90. She was born April 16, 1921, in Muenster to Henry John and Louise Mary (Binz) Wiesman. She was the oldest of four girls. They are all in this picture from my folks' wedding in 1981. Left to right is Evelyn (and husband Tony Koesler), Henrietta (and husband Mel Fisch), Frances "Girlie" (and husband Leonard "Spike" Yosten) and Mildred, my grandma, with her husband Henry W. Yosten. My grandma died in 1997 and Henrietta in 2009, so Evelyn on the left end is my last surviving great-aunt from that group. Aunt Girlie's survivors include her spouse, their children David, John, Susie Bullion, Debbie Bradford and Diane Grewing. Girlie attended Sacred Heart School in Muenster, and for her last year of high school, she attended A.M.I. in Wichita Falls where she received her diploma in 1939. She was employed at Muenster Memorial Hospital for 22+ years.

No comments: