So some highlights from the convention for me were:
- the 6 "Occupy Fort Worth" protestors who were outside chanting nonsense at us during Donald Rumsfeld's speach.So, yes, I had a good time, and I learned a TON, mostly about how the system works and about all the different areas where we really can make a difference as individuals, but also about people - my own club members and all the way on up to the candidates for state and federal offices. I'm pretty sure that I'll be going again, and the next one in 2013 will be in San Antonio.
- the party we had for our senate district in a condo on the 32nd floor.
- the fancy food.
- all the free chocolate. Why, yes I will vote for you if you give me free candy ;)
- the saddled steer for photo ops in the hotel lobby. Hello, Fort Worth!
- my wonderful roomies, Pauline and Ninia.