Tuesday, July 17, 2012

So I been workin' on a photo book to chronicle the renovation of the house. The story begins around 1979 when the house apparently had its last coat of paint applied before a 33 year break. Must've been good quality paint, eh? See this is mom in the picture, and it was probably just before she moved in with her friend Mona. They lived here for about a year, then mom was here about a year by herself, and then she and dad lived here together for three years after they got married. The story prior to 1979 involves my Uncle Doug living here for awhile as a renter, and before that my dad's Uncle Andrew owned the house. Anyway, that's what I've been working on.

But I know you're about tired of hearing about house stuff. I have other things going on, too! Take last night - I went to another Election Judge training session. The sad thing is that I learned things that I probably should have known for the first two times that I worked the elections, but I guess the third time's the charm. They've added to our equipment list a bar code scanner for voter ID cards. I guess it might be helpful. I suppose I'll find out in 2 weeks at the runoff election.

No comments: