Sunday, May 29, 2016

This book was sent to me by WORLD Magazine as a gift for giving a gift subscription. As a gift for a gift... "One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America's Future" (2014) by Ben Carson, MD, is the typical pre-campaign book by a candidate. Okay, I can't really judge that because I'm pretty sure that this is the only one I've ever read. No, I did not vote for Dr. Carson in the presidential primary election because I believe that Ted Cruz was the better choice for the job. As far as the book goes, the content is pretty solid, but I found it amusing how it felt just like listening to Dr. Carson - long rambling sentences without using any contractions. I could almost hear him saying all of that stuff in his slow, deliberate tone. Thinking about who might be our President next year makes me a little sad, so I will move on to a new topic now...

How have YOU been?? I feel like I've been a bit isolated in my own rodeo world. The rodeo happened two weeks ago, and I'm still winding down from all the stress and "fun". The President of the Riding Club holds that office for 2 years according to the bylaws, so I guess I get to do this for another year yet. It's still a year and a half, really. Maybe it would be okay if that was my only extra-curricular activity. But my days are already plenty full. Maybe I'm living the American Dream?! I actually don't feel free AT ALL. Oh well...no complaining...

No comments: