Sunday, September 23, 2007

Summa of the SummaThree months later I am finished with this book! Horray! We win. Well, it's impossible to summarize something like this, so I'll just say that the first part was pretty painful because it was all about the existence of God, and I didn't really need to be convinced again about all of that. Later on Thomas talks about the human side and sin and all that. I found the second half quite a bit easier to read. Would I read it again? Um, you're kidding, right?

WishesI also just recently finished this book. It's on the grade 4 level, which, I'm pretty sure I was reading beyond "Come and see a monster, Nina said to Tim. It is big and yellow. It is near my house." But that was a long time ago, so I could be wrong. All the stories were alright, I guess, but the best was "The Little Red Lighthouse". The lighthouse thought he was doing a good job until they put up a big bridge that also had a light on it, so he turned off his light, but a boat came up and the bridge told the lighthouse to turn his light back on 'cause the bridge light was for planes but they still needed his light for the boats. Yea, the lighthouse is needed again. I think this is more along the lines of my reading level.

No comments: