Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's SoulThis has been my most recent reading. It was published in 2003, and I have discovered that there is already a ...Horse Lover's Soul II. Bleh. I dunno why I read these things. The first 1/4 of the book, yes, I cried my way through it. It got better, though. I just still don't think I have that "horse bug" that everyone talks about. I mean, I like the horsies...I dunno, I just lean towards the kitties 'cause they're so much more convenient. But anyways. So much rain. My Nocona rodeo plans were rained-out last night. And I'm sure you've already heard about the flooding in Gainesville on Monday. Rain is still in the forecast for the next week. It's almost like I just expect it to be raining in the mornings. This is very very unusual. I know because, you see, we always started cutting hay on the 20th of June 'cause the rain was pretty much finished by then. And it's kinda past that date. And so. Next weekend is the Celebrate Freedom concert. I'm kinda torn between Friday (Skillet) and Saturday (Casting Crowns), 'cause both would just be too much for this old gal. Plus, I'd like to have one of those nights to go to the Whitesboro rodeo. There's never enough time on the weekends. My way of dealing with it is to just go to work. If I "have to" work, no one can blame me for not participating in the many activities. See, I got this all figured out. As usual. And vacation is right around the corner. I can't wait to touch a real, live Chincoteague pony. Misty!

No comments: