Monday, February 04, 2008

Paint the WindPrairie did a good job with her Christmas/birthday present to me. She gave me the book "Paint the Wind" by Pam Muñoz Ryan (2007). It's written at the 12-year old level, I think, so I'm not much smarter after reading it, but that's just fine with me. And, unless a person at least understands the horse crazy attitude, they might just not appreciate it. I liked this book because it wasn't too cheesy. In other words, it could happen. There was only one part at the end where I had to say, "Wait, what...when did we read about a new campsite? And if we didn't read about it, how did the kid know about it??" So, I would actually read the whole thing over again to see where I missed that muy important part. But not right now. Maybe mom will catch it when she reads it. Speaking of horse stuff, I rode Ranger around the block on Saturday, but I decided yesterday that I probably shouldn't be out in the wind with my sickness (which is now almost gone), so no riding yesterday. Oh, and speaking of Ranger, we got his dam's pedigree, too, so I updated his online thingy. Check it out. He's got Joe Hancock on his mommy's side. Too cool.

No comments: