Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Surprised by Truth 2"Surprised by Truth 2" by Patrick Madrid (2000) - I have read this one before. It's just like the first one. It's a collection of conversion stories. All of the contributors converted or reverted to the Catholic Church. I read the first one about a month ago. I get surprised by truth all the time, but it doesn't normally happen in association with the Catholic Church. I think the biggest surprise is something that shouldn't surprise me anymore, but it still does and always will. It's the fact that there are so many different parts to this body that belongs to Christ. And I am always surprised at how firmly convinced we all are that our part is the right part. Lever talks about our "2000 parts". Anyone who has taken an anatomy class knows that 2000 is barely even a beginning. Each part has parts. And each part has a whole list of movements that it can do. I get frustrated. I get especially frustrated this time of year. But I certainly can't fix it.

No comments: