Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where is That in the Bible?Where is That in the Bible? by Patrick Madrid (2001) is a short reference for Catholics. It is meant to assist in helping the Catholic explain their church's beliefs by using quotes from the Bible. This was at least my 2nd time to read this book. I had all sorts of things to say about it, but I think I'm going to go in a different direction here. I've been told that it's dangerous to stay so close to the RCC. I've also been told that my heart is closed towards it - basically that I'm only looking for ammunition to use against it. I'm re-reading all these books NOT because I like to play with fire and NOT because I want to attack anyone. I have a completely different perspective now than I did the first time that I read them. My heart is changed. If it's closed, that is something God did for me. If my beliefs are shaky, then these books will help me to see where the cracks are. Yes, I'm also reading in the Bible...and that includes the Apocrypha.

No comments: