Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Time Traveler's WifeWe had a pretty full day yesterday. We went to see "The Time Traveler's Wife" in Sherman. It was alright. I'm glad I didn't know exactly what it was going to be about, so I'm not gonna tell you anything further about it. Obviously it's got some time traveling in it. I can't help but like time travel stories 'cause I like to try to find holes. I'd like to watch this one again. So, yeah, we went to Sherman yesterday. Before that, we went to the Antique Farm Machinery Show in Lindsay. I saw and talked to lots of folks. I also bought a new saddle blanket and some pink John Deere gloves. Very nice. I especially liked looking at the Caterpillar crawling tractors 'cause that's what ol' LeTourneau used to move earth back in the day. One even had a dozer blade on the front with a raising mechanism that looked a lot like the ones that he designed. There was also an angle blade dozer, and I know that LeTourneau designed those. It wasn't an old one, though. Keeping in the LeTourneau spirit, we went to Austin College to see the LeTU gals play soccer. It doesn't really matter that I don't know anyone anymore...it's still fun for me. I guess that's the alma mater phenomenon. After the game, we found some caches in the area. We actually bumped into another cacher at one of them. She was from New Orleans. THEN we went to the mall for a little while. It was definitely a full day.

You know what I think...I think I need to delete my Facebook. I think I will. I'm gonna at least wait 'til after my vacation 'cause it might come in handy for that, but mostly it's become a nuisance. It reveals to me just how much I DON'T CARE about what most folks are doing. And the ones I do care about, well...what good does it do for me to know? And who really tells the whole truth on there? Just faces. It's a good name, FACEbook. Just faces with names. I think probably I work too much. Anyway, there's your fair warning. I might disappear soon. Maybe I can get some rest that way.

No comments: