Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Love Woven True"A Love Woven True" was written by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller in 2005. It's #2 in a series of 3 called "Lights of Lowell". It stands pretty well on its own, but it leaves a lot of unanswered questions at the end. Why didn't Oliver get his? What ever happened to Naomi? And exactly what "love" are we talking about? I think maybe they're talking about Jasmine's love for her Mammy despite the racial thing. Right, so, a little background - the book is set in pre Civil War time, and it mostly takes place in Lowell, Massachusetts. Jasmine has left her daddy's plantation in the South, and she has new-fangled ideas about slavery and such. The Christian theme is a big part of this book, and it's tastefully included. I don't have 1 or 3 of the series, so I guess I'll never have my questions answered. I think I'm okay with that.

I made the list! You's about to get SERVED. Muah-ha-ha-ha!

No comments: