Tuesday, February 16, 2010

His Captive - Cosby - 2007We were in Sherman a couple weeks ago, and we stopped into Hastings 'cause mom was looking for a certain book. Well, this Diana Cosby was at the front of the store signing her books and promoting them, so we bought two of them. Diana is from Denison. I did enjoy the book. It's quite steamy. I kept thinking that, if I wrote such an...um...intimate-type book, that I would perhaps have a hard time talking to strangers about it in a book store. But maybe that's 'cause I'm so...innocent? I don't think that's the word. Chicken? Or maybe I'm just different, I guess.

So, dunno if you noticed, but I went back and deleted all my old posts that are not book reviews (except for the 2010 posts). I also changed all the old book images so that I'm not stealing bandwidth anymore. I'm still borrowing bandwidth for my little links at the bottom of the page, but they should be able to handle that since I'm promoting them while stealing. Right? Right. So, happy Mardi Gras! I had two cookies for breakfast. ¡Celebremos!

3 comments:

Diana Cosby said...

Hi Sarah,
It was very nice meeting you at Hastings. I'm glad you enjoyed Alexander and Nichola's story, I had a blast writing His Captive. Both characters are strong people and sparks flew from their first meeting.
For me, the intimacy within the story must be properly motivated and support the plot. I write about relationships, their struggles but success as well.
Take care and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Sincerely,

Diana Cosby, AGC(AW), USN Ret.
Romance Edged With Danger
www.dianacosby.com

tank said...

How cool! I definitely thought it was all very well-handled, and I'm looking forward to reading the next one. I hope there are more in the works.

Diana Cosby said...

tank said...
How cool! I definitely thought it was all very well-handled, and I'm looking forward to reading the next one. I hope there are more in the works.

:) Hi Sarah, yes, book #2 in the MacGruder brothers series is, "His Woman." That's out now. Book #3, "His Conquest," is Seathan's book and released this November. Yes, I'll be back at both Hastings and Books-A-Million signing this book. Book #4, "His Destiny," will be released Nov 2011. Also, keep your fingers crossed, but I'll be pitching Griffin's book, which would be book #5 to my editor this spring.

*If you'd like to read a snippet of His Woman, it's at:
http://www.dianacosby.com/hiswomanexcerpt.html

Have a super day!
Sincerely,

Diana Cosby, AGC(AW), USN Ret.
Romance Edged With Danger
www.dianacosby.com