Saturday, May 15, 2010

They're just tennis shoes. I'll take a picture once I finally get to wear them.

I wish someone would take over and be me for the day so I can just...escape. And it's Saturday!! I don't really have that much to do. There are just about 5 things that require too much thought and movement. I just wanna finish reading my book. I want to avoid drama instead of making it for once. The nature of my job makes it so that I can't really vent satisfactorily. I guess there's no reason that I shouldn't say that serving papers is what I don't wanna do today. I have come to the conclusion that it should be a man's job. I don't have good reasons, really. I just get too emotionally involved. I hate to inconvenience people. I hate it when people sue people, and I hate it when people do things to get themselves sued. And I hate it that the court can subpoena you to be a witness with the threat of being in contempt of court if you don't show. Whatever that really means anyway. I even hate the $10 witness fee - as if we should be paid to stand up and testify the truth. And I'm experiencing a growing hatred toward lawyers. I really quite enjoyed my Monday through Friday, 8 to 5 job. But now I never know if I'm gonna have to run across the county to find someone who really doesn't wanna see me in the evening or on a Saturday. Ha. Independence isn't as much fun as it was just a few short years ago.

No comments: