Saturday, July 03, 2010

Turtle HillMa walked with me while I golfed Thursday after work. She filmed every shot...except for the last 2 'cause she ran outta battery at 50. Yeah, I shot a 52 on 9 holes. It's a rainy day today, so I'm glad we have an indoor activity planned for this morning. We're going to the paint show in Ft. Worth. They're doing cutting and freestyle reining today. There's also a free clinic at noon by Chris Cox. I dunno much about him, but it's always cool to learn new things. He's been on RFD TV, so mom's prolly seen him. I think that channel has so much potential, BUT. I don't even know what RFD stands for...
Rural Free Delivery: The Roots of RFD-TV

Younger folks and city slickers sometimes act puzzled when they hear the name “RFD-TV.” They don’t know what the letters stand for.

They don’t know their history, that’s all. But rural folks do. RFD – Rural Free Delivery – by the U.S. Postal Service is one of the most important developments in American rural history. It’s even commemorated by a special stamp, issued in 1996 upon the centennial of RFD postal service and presented at the convention of the National Rural Letter Carriers’ Association in Charleston, W.Va. ...Continued.
Now we all learned something new today. I got 2 minutes 'til go time, so I reckon I'd best get movin'. It's off to Cow Town!

No comments: