Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Swear to God - 2004"Swear to God: The Promise and Power of the Sacraments" was written by Scott Hahn in 2004. It was definitely better than the last book of his that I read. It was structured better and was a little less repetitive. Most of the time I don't get anything new from his books that I haven't heard before except for some random Latin or Greek words. I had heard a little about the difference between covenants and contracts and a little about swearing and taking oaths, but this book took me into those topics a little more in depth. Fortunately it didn't go too deep, like I know Dr. Hahn can do sometimes. I didn't think he needed to share his conversion story AGAIN in this book, but I guess I should expect that. I mean, how many of his books have I read by now? And how many of them did I really enjoy?? Hmmm. I suppose that doesn't really matter. It's just my rebellious attitude. What can ya do.

No comments: