Wednesday, August 11, 2010

ApacheThese horses...I just about burned a whole paycheck on their dental work yesterday. This one was the main reason for the equine dentist because of his missing tooth. See, horses' teeth grow their whole lives, so sometimes they have to be filed down a bit. This is more of a problem for Apache because normally the teeth grind each other down to a normal level, but since there is a hole across from one of his teeth, that opposite tooth doesn't get ground down properly. We're supposed to have it checked every year, but I'm pretty sure that it's been at least two years. It's done now, at least. I'm sure there's something else going on in my life other than horses...mmm...not so much. We had a Young Republicans meeting last night. Our core group is pretty committed, but we just can't seem to grow. But I guess part of it is that people really don't care for meetings. You expect them to be boring and stale. And we're not all that exciting. Yet. We'll figure it out. But I have to admit that I'm not too optimistic about it. Like our president said, "You put the car in D when you want to go forward and R for reverse." Ha. Ha ha. But, Mr. President, do you really, honestly think it's better now than it's ever been? Really? It's true. I am for going in the reverse. Not all the way back to before women could vote or back to the days of slavery. I dunno how far back. But I do know that the world will leave. God will save the day, and all will say, "My Glorious, my Glorious!"

No comments: