Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mavs vs. RocketsIt's tough to get good pictures when you forget your camera. But that's what happens when you get in the habit of forgetting stuff. Like I forgot my credit card in Lewisville. I said, "See, the card holder slot in this invoice folder thingy is missing, so we have to make sure my card doesn't fall out." Sure enough, the invoice came back without my card, but did I bother to notice? Nope, not 'til I got to the Will Call line at the Mav's game...which was only another 20 minutes down the road, not the hour that mom was convinced it was. But it was a good thing we were there early since sometimes I get a little...misplaced...when I neglect to look at a map or get directions. Fortunately, everything worked out in the end. Will Call gave us our tickets. We got to the game on time and early enough to relax. BJ's said they'd found my card, and we were able to pick it up on the way back home. AND the Mav's won the game! And we had a great time playing "Where's Mark Cuban" in the crowd. I won that one. However, jeers to the two male employees at BJ's who just kept on with their personal conversation for many minutes after I walked in the door, forcing me to eventually just go to a busy waiter to ask for help. Wah-wah, my manager doesn't respect me! Um, hell-ooo, focus on your customers, and maybe the manager issue will work itself out. Or maybe I should just not leave my card behind...Visa - don't leave BJ's without it. Oh, that's AmericanExpress. And that's not my problem. Is it really morning already?

Oh, yeah - happy birthday, mom! Did you know you were born the same year as the Mark Cuban??

1 comment:

Janette said...

Did you READ all that stuff about Mark?! Very interesting! He was an investor in Weblogs, Inc. before it was aacquired by AOL. And here we are...Heh! He has been fined at least $1,665,000 for 13 incidents of critical statements, mostly about the league and referees. But, "In an interview with the Associated Press, Cuban said that he matches NBA fines with charitable donations of equal amounts." Now that's impressive. Did you know he played himself on the episode "The Burns and the Bees" of The Simpsons? Or that he played "Mark Smith" on an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger? Fun stuff. I do believe we had more fun finding and watching Mark than we did watching the game! Heh. But no, the game was GREAT; Mavs beat the Houston Rockets 101-91; YEA!! Thanks for a fun and MEMORABLE birthday!!!! Love, Mom