Saturday, April 02, 2011

plantin' flowersMom's such a good sport. She was planting flowers yesterday, and I was trying to get a good picture of the repairs that were done on Sherie's old saddle. So here is my mother, not quite willingly modeling it for us, but she didn't buck it off, either. I guess that means she's domesticated. Anyhow, you can see how purty it is thanks to Cheaney Tack in Gainesville. First of all, it's darker and healthier 'cause it got conditioned. Then, you can't see it, but under one of the fenders it has a new rivet so the stirrup will not break. You can see that it has a new off-billet...that's the part on mom's upper arm that's connected to the girth...the cotton thing. Then it's also got some new parts on the breast collar, it's got new strings in front and back which it didn't have at all before, and it's got new lacing on the back cinch, even though we never use it. Umm, oh, and the most important part is prolly that the leather covering the horn is sewed back down. I reckon I should have taken a before picture. Alright. Just in time 'cause we gotta work cows this morning. Ha. Who'm I kidding...no one uses horses to work cattle any more. Oh, I suppose some folks do. But grandpa doesn't. He just honks the horn and they follow him. I suppose I don't mind doing things the easy way. Yes, someone should take pictures today. I'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

Ruedi and Whitney said...

(this is a hilarious picture.)