Thursday, November 24, 2011

Big MineralESCAPE! We're about to head out to Lake Texoma for a day or two of camping. No pies, no dressing, no cranberry sauce, no sweet potatoes or green bean casserole. I did get some sliced turkey for sandwiches just to be cute. Based on our photo history, it looks like we haven't camped at Big Mineral since November 2008. It was cold then, and I expect it will be a little chilly now, but we've got the trailer now for sleeping. It won't be quite as bad as tent living. Yup, I've got quite a bit to be thankful for this year (but I'm not going to list 1,000 things like SOME people). I can't wait to be thankful for my new house, but nothing has happened in 3 weeks, and I'm starting to lose hope. I 'spect I should be thankful for where I am now, and I have been thankful for the little house on Oak Street, but you know how it is when you start looking ahead and being hopeful. It's dangerous business. Besides, I will turn 30 in 29 days, and if I'm still living in my parents' house when that happens... I reckon the sun will rise and set just like it always does.

No comments: