Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Greetings. Been watching any good movies lately? We went to see Titanic again this weekend. It was longer than I remember it being. There was plenty of sniveling going on throughout the theater, but the only time I teared up was when the musicians... well, this part:



I also saw The Hunger Games. It was plenty good.

And I saw a stinker of a movie on Easter Sunday. I guess Turner Classic Movies figured they should play a Jesus movie since it was Easter, so they were running King of Kings (1961). It had so many misquotes and so much, um, artistic liberty, that it was just plain unfortunate. Or something. I guess I should have tried harder to sit through the whole thing, but when the Jesus character said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, for this is the law OF the prophets," I'd had enough. and! AND! - law AND the prophets! The prophets didn't have their own set of laws. Jesus fulfilled the law AND the prophets. Anyway...

No comments: