Thursday, August 16, 2012

So yesterday, we were on our last volleyball game of the evening, and my team had a major lead. And the ball kept getting served to me, and I kept messing up the pass. There was a time when that sort of thing would have been traumatic, but I guess I'm too old and it was just too hot for me to care. Anyway, just for reference, the games are longer when the score is close. I know, that just makes sense, but here's why I say that... After one of my silly mess-ups, the guy serving the ball said, "Sarah doesn't wanna go home to her husband." Now. Ha. First of all, he was all the way on the other side of the court, so I'm only about 90% sure that I heard him correctly. Whether he said it or not, I found it amusing. Actually, I found it to be quite encouraging. Who would have thought that someone thinks I'm normal enough to be married? "Normal Enough"...yeah, I know, that requires more definition, but I don't have time for that. Just suffice it to say that sometimes single people are, well, odd. Quiet or creepy or self-absorbed or full-o-pride. And I may still be all of those things, but for a second I got to feel "normal". ;)

1 comment:

dia de alba said...

You may not be normal in your sense of normal but to me, you are one of the most sane people that I know. Single or married. That is saying something. <3