Sunday, February 21, 2016

And a couple of months later, I finally finish reading a book that probably only takes 4 hours to read. But, hey, I'm a little proud of myself for finding the time at all considering all of the Netflix shows that I HAVE to get through! I should spend that hour or two in the evenings reading instead, and hopefully I will start doing better. This one, "Protector" by Diana Palmer (2013), is another one that Momma G passed down to me, and I have to say, "Eh." It never really got me engaged with the story. I do find it fascinating when female writers try to create male characters... I dunno, Hayes Carson falls a little short of the ideal man, if ya ask me. Not to mention the fact that he's just not all that manly. Anyhow, it's just supposed to be for fun, and I didn't hate it.

In other news, my life has been incredibly busy lately. When 2016 hit, the workload seemingly tripled. Being busy isn't so bad, but when you add the work with my Secretarial duties for the CCRW and my Presidential duties for the SJRC, I'm wondering how I'm going to keep all of the plates spinning. But today is fairly worry-free. I'm about to head to church, and then I get to make a quick trip to Allen to take Syd home since Mel is down in San Saba. It seems like I was just down in the Big City yesterday...but, no, it was Friday - I went to pick up John & Donetta and Nick from Dallas Love Field. But I guess tomorrow it'll be back to business as usual.

No comments: