Thursday, July 09, 2020

Despite being 98% predictable, "The Jane Austen Marriage Manual" by Kim Izzo (2012) is not a bad book. I guess that I got it from Nancy. I can't remember. It's been a long time since I've seen her or her dogs. You know, usually I am on dog feeding duty every month or so when she goes on her trips, but the COVID-19 has left her home-bound since March. I really can't take much more of this 'Rona... But back to the book... I have to admit, I've never read a Jane Austen novel. Back in college, my friend Lynn would watch and re-watch the Jane Austen movies - Mansfield Park, Sense and Sensibility... I never knew what was going on other than some guy wants some girl but the girl wants a different guy... I dunno. Always about guys and girls and angst. Isn't there enough of that in real life? I guess that's what makes it relevant.

No comments: