Thursday, April 06, 2023

 

Well, I wasn't really a fan of the movie "The Notebook" (2004), but I did recognize the author's name immediately from the days when that movie was so big.  Hmm...  I see that this one was made into a movie, too: "The Longest Ride" (2015).  With Alan Alda!  Well, I missed that completely.  The Longest Ride is Nicholas Sparks' 17th romance novel, released in 2013.  They certainly didn't wait very long to make a movie version!  Well, the book was okay, even though I could see where it was going before I got to the half-way point.  The ending was still pretty clever, I guess.  It's just not really my style, is all.  Not that bull riding isn't relevant to my life.  I remember when momma used to say that I could marry anyone besides a bull rider.  Ha.  I don't have many guy friends, but one who comes to mind is Michael Dale, and he used to ride bulls in his younger days.  It seems like he turned out alright.  But also, I'm sort of involved in putting on Bullfest in Saint Jo on May 6.  I guess I'll be helping in the concessions stand?  I dunno, usually my job at these things is to make sure that there's enough toilet paper in the bathrooms.  And then usually I'm the last person there at 2:00 AM to make sure the lights get turned off and the gate gets locked.  Yup.  That's what bull riding is for me.  Very romantic, no? 

No comments: