Saturday, June 27, 2009

UpThe parents and I went to see "Up" yesterday before my cousin's wedding in Lewisville. When we were walking out of the movie, a lady in the hallway asked us where the kid was. She was teasing. It was kinda funny. She said we needed a rent-a-kid. Good thing we have a rent-a-kid for Miley in October. Heh. Anyhow, this movie wasn't just for kids. It had some very deep themes about moving on and letting go and living in the present and chasing your dreams. I want a pet snipe now.

I've been staying plenty busy around here. There's another golf tourney this afternoon. Next weekend I'm hoping to go to the Paint Horse Show in Fort Worth on the 4th, but I haven't really been able to find anyone who wants to go with me. I'm sure mom will go, but we've both seen it before. Part of the fun is taking someone new. I used to have friends. I think I did. I've convinced myself that I did. I was probably dreaming. Stupid dreams. The good ones are just as dangerous and damaging as the bad ones.

Tell me I was dreaming
That you didn't leave me here to cry
You didn't say you don't love me anymore
And it was just my imagination telling lies
Tell me that you didn't say goodbye

No comments: