Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Blind SideAs one older gentleman said as we were leaving the theater "That was one of the best pictures I've seen in years." Yes, it's a MUST SEE. We all enjoyed it. What I did not know going in was that it is based on the true story of Michael Oher, who is now in his rookie season with the Baltimore Ravens. They did mess one thing up BIG TIME, though. On the entrance to the school, they misquoted Matthew 19:26 - But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Instead, they had "With men this is possible, but with God all things are possible." I looked at it twice 'cause they show it twice in the movie, and that's what it said, no foolin'. So, heh, I went to the Briarcrest Christian website...the movie was filmed in Seattle, WA, but the actual school is in Memphis, TN. Anyway, I found this. It's pretty small, but you can clearly see that they got the "impossible" right. Oh, Hollywood...I pine for you. A quick Google search shows that I'm not the first person to notice the, shall we say, blooper, but I hope that I'm not the last. Sad. Better write a letter or something.

No comments: