Saturday, April 03, 2010

dustyNo more of this. This was taken in 1995 of my saddle on Mollie. The old stock trailer would let road dust in though the sides and bottom, but we won't have to worry about that anymore. We loaded up all 4 boys Thursday evening and drove into town and back. We learned a few things from that trial run, so hopefully today will run smoothly. Our plans in Pilot Point were cancelled, so we'll be going to the Grasslands instead. It's supposed to be a beautiful day, so hopefully all will go well with the trailer loadage and unloadage. I am a bit sad because I messed up royally on Thursday. I hooked up to the trailer by myself, but I forgot to put the tailgate back up on the pickup. One slight turn, and it was bent right offa there. I'm not the brightest cookie in the shed.

But I hope you have a happy Easter weekend. Dad said that the Easter bunny wasn't gonna visit 'cause we're all growed folks here. I dunno why I have friendlier feelings towards that bunny than I do towards Mr. Claus. Maybe I just like candy better than I like new socks and underwear. Or perhaps it's just because the weather is ever-so-very much more comforting this time of year. In any case, I'm not forgetting to recall God's sacrifice. And my extreme lack thereof.

No comments: