Thursday, July 01, 2010

Bob sent this video to me. These types of things keep floating around because of it being so close to Independence Day and all. But when I watch this video, I see how much freedom we do NOT have now, compared to then. See if you can see it.

VJ Day, Honolulu Hawaii, August 14, 1945 from Richard Sullivan on Vimeo.

How about all those people riding on top of cars, hanging out of cars, packed in there? When's the last time you saw someone do that? I live in the country where we could maybe get away with it, but if the law doesn't get us, our parents will. And the even sadder part?? There is a golf cart...you know, the kind with 6 seats...that's always tooling around town, and my initial thoughts are not in the positive towards it. And mom says "This isn't a retirement community where you can drive golf carts around." That's my first thought, too. BUT. For freedom's sake, I hope they keep driving that thing around. You know, I might even think twice before condemning the 4-wheeler people who use the streets. This is America! Let freedom ring.

No comments: