Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crime SceneHarlequin must sell quite a large number of books. My neighbor Patsy gave me this one, "Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch" by B.J. Daniels (2010). She picked it up at the State Fair in the Fall. They were handing out free copies of it - not a bad deal at all. I liked the book just fine. I wish something good could have happened for Stacy in the end. But I guess not everyone can be the main character. Isn't it funny that we all consider ourselves to be the main characters? So, yeah, this was a fun little story. But I gotta get outta here. I'm going to some political-educational-type thing this morning in Lewisville. Why did my jazz station suddenly start playing Mexican music this morning? I would say it's just a Texas thing, but I know better than that. And I could say that it's just a border state thing, but that wouldn't be true, either. Good thing I can understand every other word. Just enough to really get confused. But you always know what the Mexican songs are about...it's always a dude singin' about a chick. I mean, at least American music sometimes sings about, oh, I dunno...politics...quittin' time on Fridays...drugs. There's most definitely more to life than getting the girl.

No comments: