Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The RidgeSeems kinda odd to drive in the direction of the Big City to go camping, but we do it occasionally. Usually the reason involves indoor plumbing, water access and electricity, but we have none of those out on R.C.'s ridge. It's a hay field overlooking the north end of Lake Lewisville, just south of 380 in Little Elm. He's been anxious to get us out there this summer because he's about to lose that area to development. Anyway, lemme see if I can tell you who all is in the picture. L to R is me on the Apache. Then is dad on the Ranger. Then is Robert on Filly, Jamie on Dakota, Kristen on...um...her Arabian/Standard Bred cross. Then is Kimberly on Lucy and William on Yeager. I'm pretty sure that's right. I'm more sure about the people's names, so I guess that's a good thing. Anyhow, I camped Saturday night, but everyone else went home to their beds and the air conditioning. No hard feelings. Camping alone isn't so bad. I'd have to admit that it's not ideal, though. Especially that close to the Big City.

No comments: