Sunday, December 04, 2011

GUNSWhoopie, I finally finished this book!! I got this book in Denton about a year ago with the gift card that Prairie gave me. I learned a ton of new stuff, but I also didn't retain most of it, I can tell ya that for sure. I chose this book because it's kinda embarrassing when the truth comes out that I've been pretty clueless about guns. I mean, I come from a very 2nd Amendment-friendly, gun-owning line of folks, but I couldn't tell you the difference between at .38 special and a .380 auto. But now I think I've got it. Which is good, 'cause I know you'd hope that someone with a Concealed Handgun License (CHL) would be able to load and unload pretty much any firearm. So, yeah, this book was very helpful to me. And most of it was pretty interesting with history and gun anatomy. It got pretty draggy for me at the end 'cause it was all about rifles and then about machine guns, and I've never even seen a machine gun, much less held one in my hands, so that all seemed pretty irrelevant to me. For a book of this size, there weren't too many typos, but they were noticeable. I dunno. I kinda think gun education ought to be right up there with driver's ed and sex ed. There was a lot of stuff in this book I though I prolly should have already known. I mean, sure, they teach you the laws at your CHL class, but I was missing a lot of important information, in my opinion. I guess it's up to the citizen who arms himself to educate himself as well. I certainly do feel a tad more educated now.

No comments: