Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What can you do? They say "not much", but I think the least you can do is get out there and vote. You can banter back and forth on the facebook, but all that gets you in is TROUBLE. So I shall make my endoresement here, where it's almost sort of safe. Not that I'm afraid to admit who I support, although it's not the popular candidate. I have found, though, that supporting the unpopular candidate is the best policy. When they don't win, then you don't have to feel stupid for 4 years as you watch the other guy do stupid stuff. It's worse when you have your own man in office. Wink wink.

So, without further ado, I'd like to announce my endorsement of Ron Paul. Oh, I know, it's not a big surprise. What surprises me is the people who do NOT support him. Sure, he's not the best speaker, but wow, what comes out of his mouth is still pure gold. Lol, no pun intended...gold standard...get it? Anyway, Dr. Paul got my vote 4 years ago in the last primary, and I really was looking for another option this time around. I listened to all the candidates and ended up yelling at all of their on-screen images when they all said super-dumb things. Not to mention how unsavory are some of their personal lives. So that brought be back to Dr. Paul, and I like him more than I did before.

Will he win? Is he *gasp* electible? No, I do not think that he will win. However, I still do not consider a vote to be wasted just because the person you voted for does not win. As I hinted at earlier, it's a whole lot easier to pat yourself on the back for the next 4 years when it's not your man up there embarassing you. Then you can say, "Don't blame me; I voted for..." You know the drill.

But what if he did win? What about all the ideas he speaks about that have media folks running in circles with their hands over their ears? I admit that if he could change everything that he says he'd like to change, our standard of living would go down instantly. But see, that's just not how it works. We have a balance of powers. He'd chip away at the government's tower, but he couldn't collapse it. All the other guys will keep building the tower higher. And put armed guards around it.

I'm sure I haven't convinced you of anything. That's okay. I just wanted to let you know that even though I don't get to vote 'til freakin' April, my decision is made. As for all the other races, I need to do my homework. But the big one is what makes it so much fun.

No comments: