Sunday, June 03, 2012

I meant to post this a week ago, but I guess it was a busy week. I can't really remember. Anyway, this was taken last Sunday at our Memorial Day ceremony. They always do a great job, the veterans do a 21 gun salute, we sing a couple songs, and the bugler plays taps. Anyway, I snapped this picture on account of the position of the flags. The American Flag is at half-mast as it is supposed to be until noon on Memorial Day. However, I guess the Texas Flag has no such rule. However, there is that other silly rule about not flying the state flag above the country flag. Heh heh heh. I'm not complaining; I'm just pointing it out. Viva la Tejas! Please don't report us to the Powers that Be.

Speaking of powers and such, this week is the state convention for the Republican Party in Texas, and I'm going as a delegate. I'm not exactly sure what all that means, but I have discovered that I'd best keep a tight grip on my wallet in the presence of the party higher-ups. It's $50 just to register, and then they give you lotsa dinner and luncheon options, all with prices way above what's natural. $50 to register - that vaguely feels like a poll tax to me. We will be voting on parts of the party platform. And hopefully at some point I'll figure out how a body gets to the national convention. Not that I especially wanna go. Someday maybe. This year looks kinda depressing from my point of view as far as national things go.

No comments: