Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Greetings and salutations. I finished "Left Behind: a Novel of the Earth's Last Days" a couple of days ago. It was written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins in 1995. Of course there was a movie made in 2000 based on the book, and apparently another one is coming out on October 3. Huh - that's just one month from today! Anyway, the book tells an interesting story, but it's really not that well-written. The conversations are just flat, which makes for sort of flat characters. If it wasn't for the movie that I've seen several times, I wouldn't really know the characters at all. It's also possible that I should have read the book first, and I'm pretty sure doing that would have made me hate the movie 'cause not much of the book is even in the movie. So it's an easy-to-read book, but I wasn't too impressed. It'll be interesting to see how the new movie with Nicolas Cage handles the presentation of the Gospel. If they get that part right, maybe I can ignore the feeling that the new movie looks like it's going to be based on the old movie and not really on the book. Oh well. Maybe it's all good as long as it makes people think about God and the coming judgment. Heaven is for real...but so is hell...

So things around here are fairly calm. We're supposed to sort of be getting a new horse on Saturday. She's an Arabian/Saddlebred named "Sweet Seduction" a/k/a "Tootsie". I haven't even seen her yet, and we're just gonna get her 'cause she's free and 'cause mom can't say "no". So that should make for an interesting weekend. This morning I hafta take "Scraggle Cat" in to be fixed. This is my "Scraggle Cat".

No comments: