Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hello again. This week I finished reading "The Visitation" (1999) by Frank Peretti. It's a weird one, but it makes sense. Like all of his books, it does make you think. I guess I've read a couple of his other books back during my college days. I got this book at ABBA's Second Chance Resale store in Gainesville. One of my volleyball friends, Carol, volunteers there at the store, and last week she found a just-like-new pair of shoes for me, and she brought them to volleyball last week. I guess she got tired of looking at my socks through the holes in all of my shoes! I'm grateful, and the shoes work really well and look good, too! So the ABBA (All Babies Born Alive) store is pretty cool.

My life has been pretty tame lately, I guess. I just got back from a quick trip to Utah to be with Felicia during the loss of her husband. Work has been pretty slow for a month or so, but I'm not complaining - yet. I need to make more money, but I've made the step of asking for massage therapy equipment for Christmas/birthday this year, and hopefully I'll be brave enough to start taking a few clients. I'm not sure where I'll be able to do it or even how I will find the time, but I do know that it could be a very nice change of pace for me. I'm feeling a little more confident about making it work now that I've lost 65 lbs. in the last year-and-a-half. Yup, the Weight Watcher-ing is definitely paying off, as you can see:

I still have a long way to go - I'm just past the halfway point (my personal goal is 175, but my WW goal is 164) - but I'm feeling fairly confident that I will keep making progress. You know, part of the WW plan includes exercise, and doing the massage thing will be an excellent way to get more active, too! So that's where things stand for me. I hope all is well with you. If you need/want to see a massage therapist after New Years, just let me know! Hmm...maybe I should start selling gift cards now. There's a thought!!

No comments: