Saturday, May 23, 2015

I'm not sure what I did to win this book - attendance maybe? Anyway, I won "Good Deal: More Satisfying Meals for Le$$ Money" in a drawing at a Weight Watchers meeting a while back. Yes, it's a cookbook, and yes, I read it cover to cover. No, I did not try any of the recipes, but I do think I learned some things and got some good ideas. It was just published in 2014, so it's pretty new. I celebrated the end of my 2nd year of Weight-Watcher-ing on April 29, and I have lost 90.4 pounds since I started back in 2013. I have about 30 to go, but I'm very unsure about what that will look like. I mean, I know I CAN do it, but I just don't have the motivation at the moment. I'm still plugging along, but there's not much "umph" behind my efforts. Hitting the 100 lb. mark scares me a little, too. My aim is to be at my goal weight by the end of this 3rd year - April 2016. It seems impossible right now. But maybe if I look at it financially... WW is $42.95 a month, so that's about $516.00 a year. So I have already spent $1,032.00 on this weight loss endeavor in the first 2 years. Every month that I'm lazy and unmotivated I'm just throwing $43.00 away, so I need to keep after it and finish sooner than later. And when I do get there... Well, maybe we'll be crossing that bridge in a year or so.

No comments: