Sunday, April 23, 2017

Hello there. It has taken me a few weeks to get around to getting this on here. Life has been BUSY!! I'm pretty sure that this book was a door prize at a CCRW meeting. "The Nazi Connection to Islamic Terrorism" by Chuck Morse reads like a college dissertation, so it's not exactly what I'd consider a pleasurable read. It often repeats facts several times in different sections as it focuses on different historical people, so that is a little annoying. However, I still found it to be a very informative book. It's written by a Jewish man from a Jewish perspective, which is obviously a little different from my own perspective on the historical happenings of WWII and the surrounding years. It almost seems that the case he is presenting is that one person, Haj Amin Al-Husseini, was responsible for poisoning the entire Islamic world against the Jewish people. I am sure that Al-Hisseini, the uncle of Saddam Hussein, did have a very big influence on the hearts and minds of the Islamic people, but the premise that he's entirely responsible seems to be insular and, I think, falls flat.

Welcome to April, huh? Except that somehow the month is almost over already!?! How did that happen?! Of course I have been busy with work, but I'm also very busy with the CCRW (I'm already about a week late in getting my President's letter written for the newsletter - that's the next thing on my to-do list), and the SJRC keeps me even busier (we have a playday set for next Sunday, then a regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, a trail ride on the following Sunday, and someone [me, I reckon] needs to get rodeo tickets printed before the Queen Candidates' meeting on June 17). Not to mention the slow process of getting all the paperwork organized to get our 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status re-established. I wish I had time to hang out with my friends!! But I did get to see some good friends this weekend including Jamie at LeTourneau in Longview when I was in town for the Athletic Hall of Fame induction banquet on Friday, and I also got to see Marcy at Goree in Huntsville and Catrina at Hobby in Marlin. So today will hopefully be my "catch up day" when I get everything caught up and organized. Ha. As always, thank you for listening to the status of my life. I hope that you're finding time to get out and enjoy the beautiful Spring weather. :)

No comments: