Thursday, June 29, 2017

I just finished "Persuader: A Jack Reacher Novel" by Lee Child (2003, reprint 2013). How I'm finding any time to read is a bit of a mystery, what with all the rodeo stuff I've got going on. I think everything is mostly on time as far as sponsor support, queen contestants, ticket sales, arena repairs, media outreach, parade invitations and entries...the list goes on with so much tedious event planning. But I turned off my Netflix for the Summer, so I'm giving a little more attention to books. Yes, I did like this book. It had a little more violence than I prefer in a book, but the story flowed well.

I also recently finished "Time Bomb: An Alex Delaware Novel" by Jonathan Kellerman (1990). This was my 2nd Kellerman book, and I think I liked the other one better. There was almost too much story in this one - too much back story that didn't really help solve the initial "who-dun-it". Or maybe I was just too distracted while reading it. Two books in a row with male first-party presentations. I should probably pursue some more intellectually stimulating reading, but I have a lot of these fiction paperbacks that have been passed on to me, so I'll keep working my way through.

No comments: