Wednesday, July 26, 2017

I went through both of these books fairly quickly, so I will review them together. Although one was written in 2009 (Montana Creeds: Logan by Linda Lael Miller) and the other in 1993 (Broomstick Cowboy by Kathleen Eagle), they both tell pretty much the same story. Single cowboy comes back to his hometown. Single mother with two children could use some help. Heck, both of these books even tell of a vehicle backing-up incident with the children!! I mean, I'm not claiming copyright infringement, but it's almost eerie how similar they are. But I have to say that I enjoyed the one on the right, the older book, better. I mean, considering I start almost every romance novel with an eye-roll and come at 'em expecting to be tortured, I guess I'm really just picking the one that I thought was less torture. It's funny reading books by women where they focus on the man's point of view. Women WANT men to think the way the ones portrayed in these books think, but it's so far from reality... But I guess that's the point of reading fiction. We get to jump into a world away from our own.

My world is kinda funny. Of course in the romance department, there is none. But I have been asked for a phone number by a guy recently...oh, not for my number, he was wanting another gal's number. Which is funny, because just like in the books, she also has two kids... Maybe I need to warn them about making sure the kids are outta the way when they back up their vehicles... But I digress. No, my life is currently filled with Saint Jo Rodeo preparations. Only 9 days until the show! I'm a little less nervous about most of it this year since this is my 2nd presidential undertaking, but I am a little more worried about the finances this year. I was not paying attention to that stuff last year. But I know it will be fun, and I'm looking forward to it, so that's a good thing. I wish that the rodeo was the end of the stresses and responsibilities, but the three weekends after our rodeo will be filled with Forestburg then Denton then our August playday. After that we'll have to be getting ready for our chili cookoff in September, and by then the Republican Women's club will be started back up again, so I'll have that to deal with. I just watched a video talking about how God puts people in leadership positions. It was talking about government, but I thought of myself and my presidential positions. Well, if God put me there, then I guess that's how it's supposed to be. Most of the time it feels like some kind of crazy joke that I'd be intentionally put in charge of anything. Makes me want to roll my eyes just like I'm looking at some silly romance novel...LOL ;)

No comments: