Friday, August 04, 2017

I thought that quitting Netflix for the Summer would make me get out and do stuff, but instead I'm turning the time into reading. That's not such a bad thing. It has to be better for my mind than watching zombies get killed in 5 million different ways. About this book... "His Secret Life: Colby Agency Reconnaissance Division" was written by Debra Webb in 2009. First of all, I have no idea why the dude on the cover is wearing a cowboy hat. This book is set in the Chicago, IL, area, and there are no horses, cows or anything Western in the story. Even with the false advertising, it wasn't a bad little book. I'm not sure what the point of the side story about the boss's daughter being threatened with kidnapping was. Ah, well, just another "man needs to settle down and stop running" story written by a woman.

And today is Rodeo Day in Saint Jo, Texas!! I will be wearing my cowboy hat, even though the most Western thing that I do is get on my horse for about 10 minutes and ride around the arena a couple of times. Most of my day will be spent running back and forth putting out toilet paper and making sure our workers have everything that they need.

No comments: