Friday, November 24, 2017

"Alpha Female" (2009) by April Christofferson did not have much effect on me. The main premise was protecting the wolves from hunters. I don't care about wolves. I don't care about hunters, either, so I couldn't really take a side. The writing was fine, and the story would probably make a good movie, but it was fairly predictable.

Well, it's the day after Thanksgiving, and I'm supposed to be off work. Oh, I'm at home, but I just got a call from the office asking for my help. I could try to summon the Spirit of Thanksgiving and be thankful to be needed and wanted, but I am not very good at this holiday. For every thing that there is to be thankful for, I can find 5 more to complain about. I guess that means I'm only 20% thankful. Food...I have plenty of that, but I also have been given too much of it. I have plenty of clothes, but I also have an overabundance of those. I have more weight, more stress, less room... But moving on. It's time for Christmas now. And that one's not much better as far as holidays go. I suppose this time of year is hard for everyone. I don't know why God gives us cold, short, dark days. He could make everything work without the annual death. Perhaps it's part of our punishment. Was there no Winter before the Fall (of man)? Winter before Fall...ha, I made a funny! I guess Winter always comes after the Fall. Wow, that's deep...

No comments: